In this captivating episode of “Mind Your Leadership,” I sit down with Anca Griffiths, the visionary CEO of OM and author of “WHY WOMEN AREN’T WINNING AT HEALTH.” Join us as we explore the fascinating journey of Anca’s transformation from a luxury industry executive to a trailblazer in the world of health and well-being.
Anca Griffiths, a true advocate for precision health, reveals her mission to make personalized health accessible to every individual. With a wealth of experience navigating the health market on three continents, Anca’s passion for empowering individuals and corporations shines through.
Discover how Anca’s company, OM, brings together some of the brightest health minds to provide tailored solutions to individuals and organizations. We delve into the inspiration behind her newly released book, “WHY WOMEN AREN’T WINNING AT HEALTH,” and learn how it addresses the unique health challenges women face.
Throughout this conversation, Anca Griffiths and I explore the synergy between health and leadership. Anca’s rich experiences and perspectives offer practical takeaways for leaders seeking to elevate their well-being and that of their teams. From unlocking personal potential to implementing effective health initiatives in the corporate world, Anca’s wisdom provides invaluable guidance.
Tune in to this episode of “Mind Your Leadership” to gain fresh insights into the intersection of empowered health and mindful leadership. Learn from Anca Griffiths’ remarkable journey and uncover strategies to enhance well-being while effectively leading in today’s dynamic landscape.
Subscribe to “Mind Your Leadership” to access more engaging conversations with thought leaders, CEOs, and managers who are reshaping leadership paradigms through mindfulness and purpose-driven approaches.
- Keren introduces Anca Griffiths, CEO of OWN, a company specializing in personalized health solutions.
- Anca shares a perspective-changing moment when she realized the importance of finding joy in her work. She felt inspired by Dr. Marjorie Jenkins, who found joy in addressing women’s health issues despite the challenges.
- Anca explains that she shifted her perspective from being overly serious about her work to finding joy in it, which gave her renewed energy and motivation.
- They discuss the importance of finding joy in life and work, emphasizing that being serious doesn’t equate to perfection or professionalism.
- Anca mentions that her goal with OM was to bring together the best minds in health and emphasizes the importance of finding joy in nutrition and exercise.
- Anca talks about the idea that people should engage in activities that bring them joy, whether it’s related to fitness, nutrition, or other aspects of life.
- Keren connects Anca’s message to her own vision of helping individuals and leaders be in a flow state by aligning with their intrinsic motivations.
- Anca explains that precision health is about tailoring health, wellness, and well-being practices according to an individual’s unique characteristics. She emphasizes that men’s and women’s bodies differ down to a cellular level, affecting digestion, hormones, aging, and more.
- Precision health considers various factors such as biological sex and age. Anca highlights the differences between what men and women need in their health and wellness routines at different life stages.
- She mentions that precision health also applies to mental health, where understanding gender differences is crucial for offering targeted support.
- Anca provides examples of precision health, including the differential effects of drugs on men and women and the importance of tailoring exercise and nutrition plans to individual needs.
- Keren relates precision health to listening deeply to one’s body and aligning health practices with personal preferences and needs.
- Anca draws on her corporate experience, emphasizing that initiatives like employee mental health support need to go beyond HR and require support from top leadership to be effective.
- She discusses her role in helping HR teams effectively communicate health and wellness initiatives to employees, making the offerings more engaging and accessible.
- Keren suggests that HR departments often struggle to effectively promote and invite employees to engage with well-being initiatives. Anca agrees and mentions that her experience from the fashion and jewelry industry has inspired her to make health and wellness more appealing and engaging.
- Anca emphasizes the importance of making health and wellness initiatives fun, interesting, and appealing to employees. She believes that showcasing health in a similar way to luxury fashion products can encourage participation.
- Anca and her team work on improving communication around health initiatives within companies. They assist HR teams in effectively conveying the benefits and engaging employees in various health and wellness programs.
- They discuss how HR teams may lack expertise in health and wellness, and Anca’s role is to bridge the gap between the services offered and employee engagement.
- Anca shares an example of a creative approach to address mental health concerns. Instead of immediately focusing on therapy, she suggests implementing breathwork classes, which have proven stress-reducing benefits.
- They highlight the importance of cultural shifts and awareness when addressing stigmatized mental health issues.
- Anca mentions the connection between gut health and mental health and suggests that addressing gut health can be an important aspect of improving overall mental well-being.
- They discuss the need for tailored solutions, such as considering gender differences in brain health.
- Keren emphasizes the importance of increasing employees’ self-awareness regarding their well-being and preventing issues like stress, burnout, and anxiety before they become severe.
- Anca emphasizes the importance of proactive health care, both physical and mental, to prevent serious issues. She mentions that understanding and addressing health concerns before they reach a critical point is essential.
- Anca highlights that health issues can affect individuals differently, and there are often gender differences in how people approach and engage with their health. Women are often more proactive but may face challenges due to healthcare systems not being tailored to their specific needs.
- They discuss the need to question and tailor health interventions to individual needs. Anca shares a personal example of adjusting her dietary approach based on her body’s response, emphasizing the importance of personalized care.
- Keren emphasizes the need to listen to one’s body, acknowledge discomfort or pain, and take action before issues escalate.
- They discuss the significance of having an open mind and questioning therapies and treatments that may not be effective for an individual. Anca encourages people to explore different approaches if something isn’t working for them.
- Anca mentions that knowledge is power when it comes to understanding health issues. She discusses the importance of educating employees and managers about various health topics, including pregnancy loss, menopause, and hormonal shifts, to reduce taboos and provide informed support.
- Keren acknowledges Anca’s role in educating companies and individuals about health-related issues and normalizing discussions around them.
- Anca talks about the need for companies to provide top-line management training to help leaders better understand their employees’ health needs. This training can include topics such as pregnancy loss, hormonal shifts, and other health-related issues.
- Anca and Keren agree on the importance of normalizing discussions about health and creating a supportive environment in which employees feel comfortable discussing their health needs.
- Anca shares contact information for OM Experts, where individuals and companies interested in their services can reach out for more information.
- The discussion revolves around the importance of informed self-care, personalized approaches to health, and the need to reduce taboos around various health topics in the workplace and beyond.